Sunday, April 29, 2007

Relax a Little!

The most important thing I have learned over the years is the difference between taking one's work seriously and taking one's self seriously. The first is imperative, and the second disastrous.
- Margot Fonteyn

I really like Margot's quote on this one. Lighten up on yourself occasionally and live life--it goes by way too fast! By taking yourself too seriously, you lose out on some of the fun spontaneous things in life that helps generate lifetime memories. BTW I have yet to read on someone's tombstone, "I wished I had worked more." Enjoy life! Do your work with all diligence but live life with reckless abandon!

2 comments:

Mark Pryor said...

Brian, I have walked through a lot of cemetaries and read a lot of tombstones myself and I have never read, "I wished I had worked more" on any either... I liked your last statement... "Do your work with all diligence but live life with reckless abandon!" ... I might have to add that to my quote file. :-)

DeadMule said...

Amen!!!