Sunday, April 29, 2007

Quote: B. D. Gulledge

I used to sit on the banks with a raft and watch the water roll lazily by. One day I pushed my raft into the shallows of the water and found the water moved swifter than I thought. My raft was actually a boat. Then, after some time, I rowed my little boat into deeper water. There were great storms, mighty winds, tremendous waves, and sometimes I felt so alone. But I have noticed my little rowboat is now a mighty ship manned by my friends and loved ones; and beautiful calm seas, warm sunny days, and nights filled with comfortable dreams always double after a storm. Now, I could never go back and sit on the bank. In fact, I search for deeper water. Such is life when lived.
- B. D. Gulledge

Once you have experienced the wonderful and powerful things of life you will never want to return to the status quo! And so it is with God- once you have experienced the mighty and powerful, the average walk seems so lifeless.

6 comments:

Jana Allard said...

Dream big and push it to reality.

DeadMule said...

Hi Brian, Do you know who BD Gulledge is? When I googled him (her???), I found only this quote, used by motivational and spiritual speakers alike. I wonder if he/ she meant to aim higher in our "walk with God" or to sell more Amway. LOL
Helen

Brian Allard said...

Thank you Helen for commenting. He/She was probably motivating someone to sell more. I, on the other hand, saw a deep spiritual application.


Ezekiel 47:1-5
1 Afterward he brought me again unto the door of the house; and, behold, waters issued out from under the threshold of the house eastward: for the forefront of the house stood toward the east, and the waters came down from under from the right side of the house, at the south side of the altar.
2 Then brought he me out of the way of the gate northward, and led me about the way without unto the utter gate by the way that looketh eastward; and, behold, there ran out waters on the right side.
3 And when the man that had the line in his hand went forth eastward, he measured a thousand cubits, and he brought me through the waters; the waters were to the ankles.
4 Again he measured a thousand, and brought me through the waters; the waters were to the knees. Again he measured a thousand, and brought me through; the waters were to the loins.
5 Afterward he measured a thousand; and it was a river that I could not pass over: for the waters were risen, waters to swim in, a river that could not be passed over.

DeadMule said...

No problem there. I love mixing seemingly unrelated ideas. After all, everything is related. Sometimes we just don't see how.
Helen

Anonymous said...

I do know who B. D. Gulledge is and this quote is nothing like the guy that wrote it is. He probally heard it from a friend or somebody and stole the quote. Brian Dewayne Gulledge is actually mind control, menipulative liar.

Brian Allard said...

Anonymous- Regardless of who said it or where the message came from it is still a great piece. Even liars, as you call them, tell the truth sometimes. In every lie there is a measure of truth.