Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Balance the Government's Budget

Like a lot of folks in this state, I have a job.
I work, they pay me. I pay my taxes and the government
distributes my taxes as they see fit. In order to get
that paycheck, I am required to pass a random urine test,
which I have no problem with. What I do have a problem
with is the distribution of my taxes to people who don't
have to pass a urine test. Shouldn't one have to pass a
urine test to get a welfare check? I have to pass one to
earn it for them.

Please understand, I have no problem with helping people
get back on their feet. I do, on the other hand, have a
problem with helping someone sit on their buttocks. Can you
imagine how much money the state would save if people had
to pass a urine test to get a public assistance check.
-Anonymous-

Incredible! I like this person's thinking. If we really did make those receiving public assistance take and give a clean urine sample in order to receive their checks we may be able to balance the budget. I am not against public assistance for those truly in need until they can get a job. I am tired, however, of paying dope using coach potatoes with my hard earned monies. Can I get an Amen! Done gone to preaching now. That's my story and I'm stickin' to it!

4 comments:

Mark Pryor said...

Yes, yes, and yes...I like this post.

Brian Allard said...

YES! I was going to call this blog "TO PEE OR NOT TO PEE-THIS IS A QUESTION" LOL

deon said...

AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!! AMEN!!!!!!!!!! AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Don't get me started!! :-) hee hee. I'm really enjoying you and Sis. Allards blogs. You have some really deep thoughts which gets me to thinking. Keep it up!

Brian Allard said...

Thank you for reading, Deon. I am trying to provoke people to think about these issues.