Friday, January 4, 2008

He can do more for others who has done most with himself.
- S.D. Gordon


It should be understood that before we are able to do much for those around us that we must prepare ourselves for the task. Too many people are quick to offer an opinion or assist in fixing a problem when they themselves have no discipline in their own lives. It is no wonder Jesus said, "He that is without sin, cast the first stone." We we fix ourselves then we will have no trouble in working with those who ask for our help.

3 comments:

DeadMule said...

Hi Brain, I noticed you were posting again. I like the idea expressed here. It's the same as trying to love others when you don't love yourself; it can't be done.
Helen Losse

Jana Allard said...

This makes me think of something I once heard - "If you want to get a job done, ask a busy person." Generally, those "busy" people are the ones who are most disciplined in their own life and that is why they can do more for others. Great quote and great post.

P.S. You already know I can't stand lazy/undisciplined people so I really liked this post.

Brian Allard said...

Helen--Thank you for your always valued comments. It is great to be blogging again.

Jana--Oops! Well I better get to work then huh!?