Monday, May 19, 2008

Two Simple Principles

The road to happiness lies in two simple principles: find what it is that interests you and that you can do well, and when you find it, put your whole soul into it -- every bit of energy and ambition and natural ability you have.
- John D. Rockefeller III


This type of ambition comes when you quit doing something in your head and start loving it with your heart. Many people go to work and continue working a job because they know how to do it (in their mind), but do not love what they are doing (with their heart). When you find what you love doing, then it is easy to complete it. It is not simply a task but a passion.

May I make a recommendation--quit simply living for God, that is a task! Start loving him with your heart--that will be your passion, therefore it will have energy, ambition, and be born out of a natural ability. After all, we are made in HIS image! Put your whole soul into it!!!

8 comments:

Karen J. Hopper said...

AMEN. Your post definitely gives direction on what road to follow. Loved it!

Mark Pryor said...

Great quote. And I love your recommendation...it reminds me of Luke 10:27 And he answering said, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with all thy mind; and thy neighbour as thyself.

Catherine Roseberry-Meyer said...

100% avec vous!!! Impossible de vraiment vivre pour Dieu sans y mettre tout son coeur. The best advice I received as a brand new convert: living for God easy is hard, living for God hard is easy.

Brian Allard said...

Sis Hopper--I hope that I can provide someone with some direction.

Mark--After writing this post, that scripture did come to mind.

Catherine--Absolument!

Jana Allard said...

And you preached this so well on Sunday. I want it in my heart.

Linda Elms said...

Oh, so true! To find what you love and do it with all your heart is important to so many things in life! I love the quote also. I would have liked to hear you preach this message. I'm sure it was really good. If Jana said so, I'm sure she's right! LOL!

Brian Allard said...

Jana--Thanks Babe! I try to let the Holy Spirit send the anointing.

Linda--I loved the quote the minute I read it and the Lord moved as I preached it! Thanks.

Faith Motivates Miracles! said...

When you love something so much it is effortless to do. When you fall in love with Jesus its so easy to do His will. Its so easy to yield to the Holy Ghost. You can look past the fault and see the need. Things dont offend you. I love what Catherine said "Living for God hard is easy!!" When your sold out you have so much more to give!!
God Bless, Sis Noel