Sunday, February 1, 2009

LAVISHLY LOVING

Definition:
to give unsparingly (v.); extremely generous or extravagant (adj.)
Synonyms:
shower, bestow
www.dictionary.com

It should be that we would lavish our love on Jesus.
When we enter into his presence we should show him extravagant praise.
He must be exalted to the highest level of our regard.
I shall abundantly shower Jesus with words of adoration.
After all, who would leave the generously abundant heaven,
to save a miserable wretch like me? A Master who knows how
to lavish his love on me!

5 comments:

Karen J. Hopper said...

I LOVE this post. "Lavishly Loving" - what a great thought.

DeadMule said...

Amen. So glad you are feeling better. And yes, "lavishly loving" is a glorious phrase.

Just a thought said...

When I consider His lavish love to me. I shall never be able to return the same. Until that bright new day in His presents.
Mervi

Catherine Roseberry-Meyer said...

"If praise is like perfume, I'll lavish mine on You..."

As a brand new convert, I got one thing right, "lavishly loving" is the perfect expression of it.

Bien heureuse de vous savoir en bonne forme suivant votre accident, ainsi que votre fils et ami. Merci Seigneur pour votre Main.

Jana Allard said...

You are one who knows how to lavish love. Glad I am a recepient. :)